I decided to make a few videos for a friend who is quite old and will never make it back to his beloved Paris. I thought, “I’ll do a few tour guide type bits for some places he’s probably never seen.” Pere Lechaise Cemetery is one of my favorite spots. I have already done a few “fun” videos for friends there. Once on a whim I pretended to be a psychic and “Talk to the dead of Paris”. Very silly and unplanned, but it was an interesting way to visit the cemetery. What would Isadora Duncan have to say from the beyond? Well, probably something about scarves not being the best fashion accessory.
This video has me trying to explain the grave of Victor Noir. The details aren’t too important. Who he was isn’t as important as what his grave has become.
No, I do not demonstrate. I have to assure the readers of the blog I have no need of the cure Victor Noir offers.
It should be noted my husband is used to me. That’s why he was able to keep the camera steady.
- A dire situation for Père Lachaise (jimmorrisonsparis.com)
- Jim Morrison is Dead and Living in Paris – Paris, France (travelpod.com)
- Revisiting Paris (toomuchpathos.wordpress.com)
- A Morning at a Cemetery – A Recommended Parisian Attraction (pauperswithouttravel.com)
- France but not Paris (californiapixie.com)