James Randi (the Amaz!ng Randi) is a family friend, and well known critical thinker and skeptic. He leads not only a very interesting life, but also is a most incredible storyteller about that life.
I am sharing here a very poorly made video from a JREF cruise to Alaska where Randi spoke about his friendship with Richard Feynman the physicist. The wonderful thing about Randi is that he doesn’t brag when he talks about the famous people he has knows and been or is friends with. They are simply his friends.
When I attended a recent birthday party for Randi, I was in a room filled with the stars of the Skeptic world. However, not everyone was a well known writer or performer. Many were just “regular” people like myself. We were just Randi’s friends, there to celebrate his birthday. Randi likes people for who they are, and while he may admire what they do, his friendship is given because he simply likes a person. You can certainly tell from this video that Randi and Feynman had a wonderful friendship.
- And now, Richard Feynman playing the bongos [Video] (io9.com)
- Science Quote: Richard Feynman (onefuriousllama.com)
- In Honor of Richard Feynman – The Great Explainer (commoncraft.com)
- Watch a series of seven brilliant lectures by Richard Feynman [Video] (io9.com)
- The JREF Forum Scholarship, and an Internet Family (twodifferentgirls.com)